Wednesday, April 05, 2006

If March goes out like a lamb, then why is April so fierce?

There's the old saying, "If March comes in like a lion, it will go out like a lamb." And vice versa. So what does it mean when March was relatively mild and during the last week we got temps as high as the low 70's, only to have snow the first week of April?

Yes, you heard me right. It was snowing on my way to work this morning. It's not quite cold enough to stick, but it was coming down hard in big fluffy flakes. As I was leaving my house, I heard the sound of bagpipes droning "Amazing Grace". The catholic church across the street was holding yet another funeral. I think there's one there at least once a week. Between the snow, bagpipes, and the churchbell, it made for a rather somber beginning to my day. I certainly hope that's not an omen of how the rest of the day will go.

Update: It's almost noon and the snow doesn't show signs of stopping. I took a picture with my cameraphone looking out the office window.

1 comment:

Karli Del Biondo said...

Wow, that's amazing!
It's warm with showers here in Portland. Lots of blooming flowers in the garden. Karli